Friday, February 8, 2008

Serenity Now!

I don't usually do this sort of thing.

I try to produce all new, all original content for this page every day, come ever what may. I'm not claiming it's any good, mind you. But it is certainly not available anywhere else.

This one is near and dear to my Pop Cultural heart, however, so please forgive me the indulgence.

In my travels around the world wide whatever, I happened across a site that purports to be attempting to resurrect Joss Whedon's "Firefly" as a pay-per-episode, web-based effort. I'm not entirely sure who these people are (the site isn't exactly heavy with the details), but they don't ask for any money and they promise not to produce a lot of "gorram spam." I know, I know, you've probably heard that before, signed up for an update on a favorite show, then ended up receiving bizarre and unsavory eMails. Computer user beware. Always.

If I didn't love "Firefly" and Serenity as much as I do, I wouldn't give it a second glance, but I'm willing to throw a Hail Mary on even the off chance of seeing Captain Mal, Zoe, Jayne and the rest get to continue their journey through the 'verse.

Would the "Season Two" they promise here feature Nathan Filion, Adam Baldwin, Morena Baccarin and company? Would it have the scripts and guiding production hand of Joss Whedon? Would it be graced with decent production values? I don't know and the site doesn't specify. I imagine they don't know, either.

If, like me, you're willing to take a flier on this, go ahead and fill out their survey. Maybe it will even lead to something.

Click here to go to The Firefly Season 2 Project and say a little Chinese prayer.

No comments:

John and Dave talks Oscar nomination predictions