Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Idol Idyll

Another week of "Idol." Will it ever end?

So, let me see if I've got this straight: Brooke White botches an Andrew Lloyd Webber song and she's bounced a week later. Jason Castro butchers a Bob Dylan classic and that's the ballgame for him. David Archuleta back weeks ago hacks away at the Beatles' "We Can Work It Out" with the sonic equivalent of a dull machete, and he's adorable and we can't pry him off the show with a crowbar.

I suppose I'm the fool for looking at a reality show and expecting anything resembling consistency or fairness.

So with my dear, sweet, good Brookie gone, I'm stuck with the two Davids and Syesha Mercado for a pretty lackluster Final Three.

I am now rooting for Syesha because at least she is wildly cute. But if we've learned anything this year -- and previous years, for that matter -- it's that if I root for you, you're doomed. So, I'm sorry Syesha.

No comments:

John and Dave talks Oscar nomination predictions